This bowl will make you glow from the inside out!
Did you know that fall veggies that are orange + yellow are full of vitamin C + A which support your immune system, just when fall cold season hits! Hats off to Mother Nature.
Important note: this sauce is delicious on actually anything! make it.
Watch the video on Instagram or Tik Tok
Glow BowlCourse: Uncategorized
1 cup of Quinoa
1/2 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 medium golden beets, tops + tails removed
1 yam, peeled and cubed (or a delicata squash, cut lengthwise and then sliced into half moons)
1 yellow bell pepper
1 cans of chickpeas or white beans
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Roasted Red Pepper Chipotle Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons of lemon juice (half a lemon)
1/4 tsp paprika
1 teaspoon salt, to taste
¼ cup tahini
2 garlic cloves
1/2 a pepper worth of roasted red peppers (from jar)
2 – 4 Tablespoons of water, more it needed to thin
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees.
In a bowl, toss the yams/ squash, pepper and and chickpeas in olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Toss all the yams/squash, beets and chickpeas on a parchment lined sheet tray and cook for 30 minutes or until everything is tender.
- Beets. Cut off the tops and wrap each beet in tinfoil. Add them to the tray in the oven and cook for 30-45 minutes until they are tender and you can pierce them with a fork. Then remove them from the tinfoil and rub off the skins with a paper towel or rag. Chop and add to the bowl. This sounds complicated but it’s so simple. Here is a great video.
- Meanwhile, Cook the Quinoa according to the package Instructions, but add the spices to the pot before you bring it to a boil.
- Make Red Pepper sauce.
- Assemble your bowl. Add quinoa, add the roasted veggie medley, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and drizzle with peanut sauce.