Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E, copper, B vitamins and fiber (something not many of us get enough of). They provide a healthy source of essential fatty acids which support your brain and nervous system, build cell membranes, balance hormones and lower inflammation.
These fudge energy bites pack a punch of nutrition in a small package, making them great energy fuel.
Check out the video on Tik Tok or Instagram
4 Ingredient – Sunflower Energy FudgeCourse: Snacks, Healthy TreatsCuisine: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free
1 ½ cups unsalted, roasted sunflower seeds
2 cups Dates, pitted
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup collagen protein (or plant based protein of choice)
1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Line an 8×8” pan with parchment paper.
- Place sunflower seeds, dates and salt in a food processor. Blend for several minutes until smooth and it forms a thick dough. (could take up to 10 mins). If it is not coming together after a few minutes, you can add 1 Tablespoon of warm water (at a time) to help it come together. But be patient.
- Once it forms a dough, add collagen and blend together.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- While the fudge is setting, melt the chocolate chips.
- Remove pan from freezer and drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the caramel pan. Or pour it all on and use a spoon or toothpick to swirl a pattern into it.
- Place back in the freezer for 20-40 minutes or until the chocolate is firmed up. Remove from the pan by using the edges of the parchment paper and set on a cutting board to cut into small bite sized squares. Enjoy! Store in the freezer.