This recipe is from Day 12 of Feel Good Holidays!
If you want more recipes like this that are delicious, gf, df, and refined sugar free (aka anti-inflammatory) and will have you feeling energized, satisfied, and no sugar cravings or crashes — get the entire Feel Good Treats ebook with 29 recipes here!
You deserve to eat your fave foods, and still feel great!
Happy Holidays, however you choose celebrate!
WATCH THE RECIPE VIDEO HERE ON INSTAGRAM OR TIKTOK
This recipe base is created by Broma Bakery with some tweaks and goodie additions on my end. Find the original recipe here
I was so obsessed with the base of these cookies, but I wanted a bit of a holiday kitchen sink vibe cookie so I added pecans + marshmallows to it. Enjoy!
Tahini Choc S’more Cookies (gf, v)Course: Vegan, Gluten free, refined sugar free
1/2 cup tahini
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup old fashioned oats
3 tablespoons almond flour
1/3 cup dark chocolate, chopped (or dark choc chips)
3-4 dates, pitted + chopped
3 Tablespoons roasted pecans, coarsely chopped * optional
1/4 cup mini marshmallows ** optional
Flakey Sea Salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the tahini, maple syrup and vanilla extract together until combined.
- Add in the oats, almond flour, salt, cinnamon, dates, chocolate, pecans and mix until everything comes together. Add in the marshmallows and mix. The batter might still be a little runny. As it sits it will thicken up, so don’t worry! But if your batter is super super runny, add one more tablespoon of almond flour. And if it is too thick, add in a tablespoon of tahini. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the batter onto the lined baking sheet. Flatten the cookies slightly with your palm. Sprinkle with Flakey Salt. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. The middle of the cookies should still be pretty raw (they’re vegan!). Do NOT over bake, you want them to be chewy and gooey in the middle.
- Sprinkle them with flakey sea salt when then come out of the oven warm. Enjoy!
- ** I like the brand Dandies as a healthier for you option