This recipe is part of 12 days of Feel Good Holidays!
If you want more recipes like this that are delicious, gf, df, and refined sugar free (aka anti-inflammatory) and will have you feeling energized, satisfied, and no sugar cravings or crashes — get the entire Feel Good Treats ebook with 29 recipes here!
You deserve to eat your fave foods, and still feel great!
Happy Holidays, however you choose celebrate!
Watch the recipe video on IG or TikTok
Sweet and Spicy Nut MixCourse: gluten free, dairy free, vegan, refined sugar free
Makes about 3 ½ cups
½ cup almonds
½ cup cashews
1 cup pecans
1 cup walnuts
¼ cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds
¼ cup of sesame seeds
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
2 Tablespoons dried rosemary leaves
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (175ºC). Prepare two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, toss almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds in a bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl mix maple syrup, olive oil, rosemary, red pepper flakes, paprika, and salt.
- Pour the wet mixture over the bowl of nuts and fold to ensure everything is coated evenly. Transfer the mixture to baking sheets and flatten out to one layer*.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, tossing halfway through until nuts are toasted and maple syrup caramelizes. Let cool completely on the parchment paper. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
*If you want the nuts to come out more like a brittle, when you place them on the baking sheet in one flat layer, minimize the space in between the nuts and don’t rotate or shake halfway through. The maple syrup will fill in the gaps and once it is cool you can crack brittle pieces apart. If you’d like to enjoy it in a trail mix consistency – ensure the nuts are separated on the sheet tray.