Day 2 of Feel Good Holidays! Where my mint choc lovers at?
I grew up getting after eights in my stocking for xmas, I love mint choc so much!
This recipe is part of 12 days of Feel Good Holidays!
If you want more recipes like this that are delicious, gf, df, and refined sugar free (aka anti-inflammatory) and will have you feeling energized, satisfied, and no sugar cravings or crashes — get the entire Feel Good Treats ebook with 29 recipes here!
You deserve to eat your fave foods, and still feel great!
Happy Holidays, however you choose celebrate!
Watch the recipe video on IG or TikTok
Mint Choc Candy Cane BarkCourse: Gluten free, Dairy Free, Refined sugar free, vegan
Makes one 8×8 pan (thinner) or loaf pan (thicker)
1 cup dark chocolate chips (I like enjoy life)
1/3 cup coconut oil softened
1/3 cup coconut butter softened
2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
2 -3 drops of peppermint essential oils (food safe)* (see note below)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 candy canes or crushed peppermint candies**
Optional Toppings : mini marshmellows
- Place chocolate chips in a double boiler or a glass bowl over a boiling pot of water and melt until the chocolate is a smooth consistency. Or melt in the microwave.
- Pour melted chocolate into an 8×8 inch pan lined with parchment paper. And freeze until solid. About 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, slightly melt the coconut oil and coconut butter until it’s a thick icing consistency. Whisk together with vanilla, maple syrup and peppermint extract/oil. Take the pan out of the freezer and spread/pour the white coconut mixture over the chocolate and smooth.
- Top with crushed candy canes or peppermint candies. Add more topppings to your hearts content. Place in the freezer to set completely (about 1-2 hours). Once set, remove from the freezer and break or cut into pieces. Store in the freezer in an airtight container until ready to be enjoyed.
- *if using peppermint extract (like a vanilla extract) like I did in my video, add 1/2 tsp at a time and taste until it’s reached your desired mintyness. I used about 1.5tsp Essential oil drops are obviously much more concentrated.
- ** I use Yum Earth Brand as they do not use Red Dye number 40 which can cause mood swings and behavioural changes especially in children.