These are the best muffins ive ever made.
And that is saying something since my rise + shine muffins are my top recipe and always go viral.
They taste like banana bread + a choc zucchini loaf had a passionate love affair…and make these.
Watch video on IG or TikTok
Banana Choc Zuchinni Muffins
Super tasty with some nut butter spread on!
1 1/2 bananas, peeled + mashed
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 1/2 cups zucchini, washed and shredded (no need to peel)
1 cup gluten-free flour mix (I like bobs red mill)
1/3 cup cacao powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon diamond crystal kosher salt
3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, plus more for the topping
Flakey sea salt for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray or line your muffins tins
- In a large bowl, add mashed banana, eggs, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. Stir until combined.
- Shred your zuchinni, and then squeeze it to release excess moisture. You can just use your hands and squeeze it out. No need to keep excess moisture. Then add it to the bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cacao powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and stir to combine. Add this bowl of dry mix to the wet mix and stir it all to combine.
- Add in choc chips and stir.
- Add the batter to your tin and top with a few choc chips on each and a pinch of flakey sea salt. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 30-45 minutes.
- Super tasty with some nut butter spread on!