I’m sitting at this rad little restaurant, soaking up the sunshine and all the good vibes, eating a Santa Fe Salad. After that first bite, I knew I had to recreate this bad boy at home.
Now, once the weather gets warmer, guess what’s on our weekly menu? You got it—the legendary Santa Fe Salad.
It’s the kind of meal that hits that sweet spot between filling, nourishing and light. It’s fresh, it’s flavourful, it’s crave worthy. Trust me, this salad is about to become your warm-weather go to.
It’s also perfect for a gatherings as it’s simple to prep ahead of time. Make a dressing, chop it all up and let people make their bowls when it’s time eat!
Santa Fe Salad with cilantro lime dressingCourse: Dinner, LunchCuisine: Gluten Free, Dairy Free
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 can (12oz) of corn kernels, drained and rinsed. **
1/3 cup of dates, pitted + chopped
6 cups of romaine lettuce, thinly sliced (about 1 head)
1 cup of tortilla chips, broken in pieces
1 -2 ripe avocado(s), peeled & diced
¼ cup feta cheese* or vegan feta
1 cups fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove
¼ cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
2 teaspoons of honey
½ teaspoon sea salt
⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until it forms a sauce consistency. Set Aside.
- In a bowl, add thinly sliced romaine as the base.
Add toppings of :
& feta cheese
- Add your dressing, mix and enjoy!
- ** In the summer when corn is in season I like to buy 2 corn on the cobs. Soak them in the sink for 10 mins, and then bbq them until cooked. Cut the corn off the cob and add fresh seasonal sweet corn to your salad in substitute for the canned corn. Highly recommend if possible.
- *This bowl goes great with chicken or fish as well*