Get ready for a weeknight dinner sensation with my dairy-free version of the viral feta bake pasta! Not only is this dish incredibly easy to make, but it’s also packed with protein from the lentil pasta, peas, and sausage. Plus, I’ve added a surprising twist to the traditional rose sauce by using hummus as the base. Who knew?! My family and I love this dish so much that we eat it once a week, and it’s a hit with both kids and adults. So, if you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious dinner that’s sure to please, look no further than my take on the viral feta bake pasta.
Protein Packed Rose PastaCourse: Dinner
1 cup hummus
2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 pint container cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups)
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried rosemary*
¼ – ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
3 Tablespoons olive oil
⅓ cup nutritional yeast
1 Tablespoon miso paste
1 ½ boxes of red lentil pasta (each box is 227g)
¾ cup Frozen peas
Handful of Spinach or arugula (optional)
+ Amazing with shredded chicken or BBQ’d Sausage
- Preheat oven to 375(F). Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- In a large over safe dish (like a dutch oven, this will be holding all the sauce, pasta and veggies) add hummus to the base. Add garlic, tomatoes, oregano, rosemary, salt and pepper. Top with olive oil. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the tomatoes squish and burst easily with a fork. Check halfway through to ensure it’s not burning.
- When the sauce is about 10 minutes from being done. Cook your lentil pasta according to the box instructions. ***IMPORTANT. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking pasta water for later use.***
- Remove sauce dish from the oven. To the large dish, add nutritional yeast, miso paste and enough additional pasta water as needed to thin. Mash the tomatoes with a fork and mixing it all together until combined into a rose sauce.
- Add your cooked pasta, the frozen peas and optional handful of spinach, (optionally add shredded chicken or bbq sausage) and pop back into the oven for 5-10 minutes to cook the peas and warm everything.
- Season to taste (red pepper for spice, salt or miso for saltiness, nutritional yeast for cheesiness). Enjoy!