Get ready to upgrade your margarita game with my Pineapple Citrus Margarita – the healthier, no-refined-sugar version that packs a flavourful punch with a secret ingredient: kombucha.
Pineapple Citrus Marguerita
- Citrus mix
1 Tablespoon of lime zest (about 4 limes)
1 Tablespoon of lemon zest (about 4 lemons)
1 cup of lime juice approx 4 limes, juiced
1 cup of lemon juice approx 4 lemons, juiced
¼ cup honey
- Recipe for 1 drink
Pinch salt or salted rim.
2 oz tequila
1 oz citrus mix
2 oz pure pineapple kombucha
Splash of Soda water
- Make citrus mix.
- Combine lime zest, lemon zest, lime juice, lemon juice and honey and let marinate for an hour. Shaking or stirring to ensure the honey dissolves.
Keeps in the fridge for weeks! Have it on hand for an end of day marg – or for a pitcher with friends.
- Making Margs Time!
- Prep your glasses: If you would like to salt the rim of your glass, simply run a juicy lime wedge around the rim of the glass and then dip the rim in coarse Kosher salt. Set the glass aside until ready to use.
- Combine your cocktail: Add a few ice cubes to your cocktail shaker. Add Tequila, Citrus mix, Pineapple Kombucha and shake to mix. (Or alternately if you do not have a cocktail shaker, you can stir the ingredients together in a measuring cup or shake them together in a mason jar.)
Give the mixture a good shake (or stir!) for about 10 seconds or until chilled.
- Strain and serve on the rocks. Place a few ice cubes (or one fancy large ice cube so that it will melt more slowly) in the short serving glass, then strain the margarita mix over the ice and garnish with a slice of lime.
- Top with splash of soda water. Sip & Enjoy responsibly.