Welcome to my recipe blog, where I share delicious and nutritious meals that are sure to become your new favorites.
Rise and Shine Muffins – a recipe that went viral on TikTok and has become my most requested recipe online and from my clients.
These muffins are the perfect way to start your day, packed with protein, fiber, and wholesome ingredients that will give you energy and keep you satisfied until lunchtime. Made with oats, almond flour, and sweetened with maple syrup and mashed bananas, these muffins are not only delicious but packed with sneaky veggies and gluten-free + dairy-free.
So, whether you’re looking for a healthy breakfast option or a tasty snack on-the-go, these muffins are sure to hit the spot. They also freeze super well, making them the ultimate breakfast and snack time saver.
Spring Rise and Shine Muffins (Carrot Zucchini)Course: Healthy Treats, SnacksCuisine: Gluten free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
½ cup hemp seeds
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup avocado oil
½ cup pure maple syrup
2 cups shredded carrot
1 cup shredded zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 375º F (190ºC). Line 16 muffin tins with paper liners or silicone baking cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, shredded coconut and hemp seeds.
- In a medium bowl mix mashed banana, vanilla extract, avocado oil, maple syrup, shredded carrot and shredded zucchini, eggs, stirring to combine.
- Add the bowl of wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fill the prepared muffins cups with batter – you can fill each cup nearly to the top as they do not expand much.
- ake for 30-35 minutes (cooking times may vary based on your oven) or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean and the tops are slightly golden.
Let cool completely. Enjoy!